Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Believing God

Since we moved to Texas I have been blessed with the opportunity to dig into the Bible in ways I just hadn't before and I've learned things about God that solidified what I knew or introduced me to the truth and its been a very humbling and eye opening experience that I'm grateful for. I knew God and got to know him really well in college but in the midst of having children I really missed that time daily digging into the bible, it connects you to God and the Holy Spirit in such intrinsic ways, its pretty awesome.

A few weeks ago, its actually probably been closer to a month or so ago in church they showed a video about tithing, about giving sacrificially and Believing God and his promise to meet you in the sacrifice. For me, it is easy to believe that God will work through or for someone else but in my life when the rubber meets the road its hard to believe that he will come through, especially when you are looking at the stuff ahead. Which is a long story and I will explain more later, because this post isn't about me. I want to talk about a dear friend and her journey thus far.

I met Laura Michelle Reed while we were both going to Colorado Christian University we had both just transferred there and were both in Women's Choir, and we even took some of the same Theology classes. I got to know her pretty well on our choir tours, but after school we each went our own ways and I've occasionally seen her pop up on my Facebook. I love her heart for Africa and her heart to serve. It breaks my heart the pain she has been experiencing and I'm so glad that I have been able to see God work through her story right now and I'm excited to see what he has in store for her in the future.

The reason I felt like I should share is I feel convicted of the fact that I prayed and lifted her up with full faith that God would come through, that God would somehow provide her with what she needed, to get back to herself and be pain free. All to often though I doubt his work right here, I don't Believe him even though I know his promises are true and even though I know that as soon as I ask God has answered and put into motion all that needs to be done for that answer.

Then it hit me when I read her blog post on the Huffington Post a few days ago. This really hit home with me.
Laura said, "I called Emily, and she began to affirm me. I had no idea just how serious she was about the fight. Before I knew it, Emily's entire hometown was fighting the fight with me. Servers were giving their tips. Friends were going door to door. Office Max was donating cards to pass out. Where was I? Sitting on my floor crying. I don't understand it all, and I don't think I ever will, but I am blown away by the power unity. I am blown away by the power of love and the power of sacrifice. Do I wish to be in pain? Definitely not. But I am so thankful for the way I have seen both Christians and non-Christians come together to reach a common goal and purpose. I am thankful for the timing of the situation. I was in a place in my walk with God where I needed to see something big happen. I don't think I expected to see it this way, but He is mysterious, and I am thankful no matter what."
      *you can read the rest here Community and Faith in the Face of Hardship

That's it...I don't wish to be where I'm at but that's the truth and in the grand scheme of things its where we are supposed to be. God has a plan and its in motion but we cant always see the evidence of it like in this situation with Laura you can go to her page on Facebook or Operation Laura and watch how people all around the world are contributing and how God is working, providing what Laura needs. Today Laura has her surgery to become pain free, Praise God!! But you or I may not be able to see it working like in Laura's case it may be more subtle or behind the scenes. In those moments when you cant see and you are wondering why, or when. Call on God or that friend that will listen that will encourage or even fight and fight hard for you. There are times we are called to be still, because there is someone else who is called to fight. What an amazing fight Emily Fox has fought for Laura its beautiful to see and I'm honored to be a part of.

Always remember that God is there, he hears you. A great reminder of that is Daniel, God took care of Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah when they were first taken to Babylon (Daniel 1) , God set them apart, and hurled them forward in his huge plan in Babylon. He delivered them from the fiery furnace, Daniel 3, and he closed the mouths of the Lions in  Daniel 6. Not to mention all the times God gave Daniel wisdom to interpret dreams.

Trust God and Believe God as hard as it may be sometimes but when the time is necessary call on your friends to pray and intercede and fight for you when you cant.

Pray for Laura help if you can and please spread the word!

Blessings to you and yours until we meet again. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment