Tuesday, January 21, 2014

our lies over God's truth

I recently began a bible study on Gideon...to be honest I had no idea what to expect. Little did I know it was exactly what I needed. You see most of my life I've been just like Gideon, timid, uncertain, afraid, nervous, insecure...and all too often I've let that be my identity. The great thing is that is not my identity...that isn't me.


God has really been working on me about this for a LONG time, looking through the old testament during this bible study, you see the Israelites half way listened to God on numerous occasions. Like them once I feel like its finished...I stop there and don't move forward again until absolutely necessary because the refining process is painful, long and hard. So when I sit down and see the overview of a people group who pretty much lived through generations who went through the same cycle I am. I feel less alone in the struggle, but realize that umm the Israelites never got it. They never fully stepped into the full blessing of God. The land they didn't conquer was outside of their comfort zone, they didn't believe God to lead them to the full blessing. <---- oh my goodness...what am I leaving behind? what am I missing out on? what am I settling for and is it really worth it? why do I settle and how do I move forward fully and trust God through the pain?


The most frustrating thing for me is why am I afraid to trust God who has proved himself to me and so many others so many times? God is more than capable of handling my chaos, my crisis and for some reason in my finite life I think I have a better plan...ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I know I'm not alone and everyday I wake up in my failures and have no problem reminding myself how lame I am. You know what....as long as I have believed these lies they are not truth.


The truth is I'm/We are...


a daughter/son of the Most High King
Forgiven - all forgiven and its all forgotten...God doesn't remember only you do
Loved fully and unconditionally
fearfully and wonderfully made
fully known and loved [despite it all]
priceless
adored
created in his image


...to name a few. When the angel came to Gideon he called him a valiant warrior...[Gideon was hiding] God sees us for who he created us to be and he calls us by who we are. His Truth about us that is what we are, not the other way around.


I don't know the answers to these questions join me on this journey and lets learn this together. :) lets lean on God and watch him work miracles in our lives and let him transform us fully.


In the mean time I'm really looking forward to my Bible Study on Gideon by Priscilla Shirer.


Thanks for joining me on this journey. To God be the Glory. Go in peace, love and blessing. Trust the God who began it all and loves despite it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment