Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Grateful

Since the hubs has been home from India, life has been a whirlwind. It's hard to believe it has been four weeks, and not only has it been four weeks but its Thanksgiving. This year has flown by and has been such an unexpected adventure. God has really opened our lives up to the awareness of how abundant our lives are. It has been very humbling, I have so much to be grateful for it is ridiculous. I have at my fingertips so much more than the majority of the world. The struggle...what am I doing with these resources to change my world? What can I do to make a difference and what have I been called to do? I don't know all the details quite yet but I know the beauty is in the details and in discovering what lies ahead and embracing the journey as we figure it out.


Today I'm grateful. I'm grateful for growing up in the United States, I'm grateful for the opportunity to attend a free public school, for the ability to be able to become a follower of Jesus at the young age of 10 and be accepted by my family and have the safety of freedom of religion. I'm grateful for my college education, and all the friends I met through that awesome experience. I'm grateful for our home, our cars, the electricity and gas that keep us warm, and allow us to cook. I'm grateful for our clean water. I'm grateful for my family, I'm so honored to be married to such an incredible and Godly man who, seeks God daily, who goes out of his way to serve his family. I'm so very thankful for the company that he works for, that he enjoys going to work and loves what he does. I'm thankful that his job allows me to stay home and care for our two amazing boys and it allows me to serve my family in that way. I LOVE my job, I love my family and I love that I can serve them love them and also be an entrepreneur. I'm thankful for our friends and family, those wonderful people that God has blessed us with to walk our life journey with. You make this walk a lot less lonely and you are super encouraging, and you get it.


We have so many awesome opportunities here. I have two of the most precious gifts I could ever ask for and I'm honored to have a part in raising these future world changers. I pray for them daily. I pray that I'm showing them that they aren't entitled, that God has created us to work, and work hard, to find our passions and use them and how to be good stewards. I pray that I show them how to love and love deeply.


I'm so grateful and a grateful heart is content. God help me be more grateful, help me be content, help me pass that on.


Ephesians 3:14-21New International Version (NIV)

A Prayer for the Ephesians

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.




Philippians 4:5-7New International Version (NIV)
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment