Friday, November 7, 2014

I forget so easily sometimes

Good Morning friends, hope your November is off to a great start. Ours has been a blur, in the busy crazy times when life is just moving forward while you are trying to process life, its hard to move forward at the pace of the world around you. In some ways it feels like the hubs mission trip was months ago, yet it was just two weeks, these last four weeks...one word wow.


I didn't know what to expect when he arrived back home Wednesday October 29, I was just excited to have my partner in crime home. I don't think either one of us thought it would take a week and a half to get on a similar place, to connect, to get back to our new normal.


Life gets crazy so fast and you often forget how fast it goes until you want it to slow down. This is where I so often and so easily loose sight of the one who is fighting for me. I get distracted, and the enemy is so good as deception. When the world is flying by and all you want is those long chats with your friends at the coffee shop, or in your homes for dinner, I feel alone, isolated, overwhelmed, and unwanted or worse un-necessary. I get there so fast. Although I'm surprised it didn't happen a lot faster...considering. Once I'm there man I get depressed and check out even more...and so often long before I realize it.


I can sense it happening, things don't feel right, but I feel stuck. This time... I felt like I just needed my man to fight for me to have enough energy to connect with me and pursue me, I just couldn't find the words, how can he do those things without me telling him I need that?? Why do I get HERE?? Its so frustrating...Then last night it hit me, I have a savior, my Jesus, that is constantly fighting for me, the greatest thing, he knows when I need it, I need to work on turning to him as soon as I feel that change.


Friends our Jesus is out there fighting constantly for us, dancing over us, and interceding for us. How amazing?? Sometimes he calls us to join him in battle, other times he just wants us prepared for battle to remember daily to fully put on our battle armor to guard our hearts and heads from enemy attacks. Be ready friends but most importantly NEVER EVER forget that he is fighting for you and one of the greatest things he's won, its already been determined, He is the over all victor. Stand strong, look forward in the darkness that comes on so fast with the deceit, and the loneliness, focus on the light, seek it out. Its always worth seeking out, there is only hope, peace, grace, mercy, joy and love there. Oh how sweet, and beautiful. Your prince, your big daddy God is fighting for you and he cant loose and your worth that battle. When He engaged in battle with the enemy He deemed all of us worth fighting for.


Ephesians 6:10-13, The Message
God is strong and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk  away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels. Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet.

Deuteronomy 1:30, NIV
The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt before your very eyes

Deuteronomy 3:22, NIV
Do not be afraid of them; the Lord your God himself will fight for you

Deuteronomy 20:4 NIV
For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory

Joshua 23:10
One of you routs a thousand, because the Lord your God fights for you, just as he promised

and here is an excerpt from my Beth Moore Children of the Day bible study...

He will never stop fighting for you. He takes every assault on you personally. He goes before you onto every battlefield. He fights for you even when you're fighting yourself. As hated as you are by Satan, you never go head-to-head with him. Jesus does. And Jesus never loses a fight.

 I'm so very thankful for God's word, for his constant reminders of how he not only loves us but how he pursues us, fights for us because of his all surpassing never ending love. If you are struggling like I was seek God and seek others your not alone and you are more than worth the fight! Lots of love and prayers for you brothers and sisters!

*stories from India coming soon...still processing but God is doing great works and he has big plans for us and India and ways for us to help our brothers and sisters on the ground there!! Your prayers are so special and appreciated!! Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment