Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Compelled

Compel: to force, drive, necessitate or require, as by force of circumstance or demand. To exert a strong irresistible force on.


Acts 20:22-24
And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me -- the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace.


When I heard this verse this morning, it was that light bulb moment. Life has seemed overwhelming since October last year when the hubs went to India. It still amazes me how quickly and out of the blue God works. I expected him to go, love on some beautiful Indian babies and come home...the end.


However, if you have the honor to know my hubs, you know that, not only did that not happen but quite the opposite happened. He came back with a heart and a compelling whirlwind passion for these beautiful Indian children and those who are loving on them daily. He has been running full force towards this dream. I completely "understood" why and I want nothing more than to run full force beside him, cheering him on, and helping him fulfill this calling.


It has been a crazy journey. Life has been uncomfortable and unpredictable to say the least and like I heard this morning in bible study, I would rather be here with my man running full stride towards this compelling passion that God has placed in his heart because its worth it. Its worth not being comfortable, to see God work in our lives and in our friends lives.


Know that if you feel compelled to do something it is always worth pursuing full force. Know that while you are running, pursuing stuff may come unglued, it may start looking scary but God knows where you are and he knows how to guide you through it.


This is where we are, we aren't surprised but it does catch you off guard sometimes, don't forget to turn to Jesus look to him and rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you through it all. Out of all the hurdles, obstacles that have popped up over the last few months, I've seen him orchestrate things. There are a lot of variables still up in the air but God has it all, right where he wants it.

No comments:

Post a Comment