Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pursued

It is amazing at how quickly life travels. We are celebrating our little man this week. Its so hard to believe he's turning 3. Life is so different than it was when we packed up when he was 10 days old. It is so sweet to look back on the last three years and see how God has worked in our lives just in the last 3 years. I mean come on. I know you all know by now about India and how God has just opened our hearts and lives for all the beautiful people there. The last 6 months have been so full, its stretched us in ways we didn't even realize we needed to be stretched.


One day a few weeks ago, shoulder deep in all the things I needed to accomplish, complaining about some relationships and how I felt like I needed to pursue them and how I had to carry that portion of our relationship. One night when I was feeling sorry for myself and complaining to my hubs. God hit me up side the head and said, "how do I pursue you?" to which I replied... Ok God, hear you loud and clear.


Oh the ways he pursues us...
Beautifully, Persistently, Constantly, Unconditionally, Completely Pursued.
God never tires of pursuing us.


Isn't that awesome??


No matter what...he will always pursue us. He loves us that much.


As a result of this beautiful pursue we are called to pursue others with the same tenacity and love that he has for us...not because of us or through our own power but through the Holy Spirit. Oh how he pursues and equips us. It fascinates me, still. I'm blown away by how he continues to pursue me. The things that he calls us to and through. The things that God puts in my life for reasons he slowly reveals to me.
I'm so grateful that he loves me enough to pursue me even when I don't want to be pursued. Even when I'm done, exhausted, and ready to throw in the towel he leans in besides me and whispers his sweet reminder that, I'm not alone.
He's always pursuing and loving. loving and pursuing. I can't escape it. Thank you Jesus, I can't escape that beautiful, longing pursuit, to draw me in, hold me close, and guide me ever so gently. That my tired soul knows that no matter what, its safe, and its worth the cost of pursuit. I'm worth it, I'm fully loved and cherished.
Jesus simply loves us that much. He will never, ever quit pursuing us, we are worth to much for him to stop. Dwell there, rest in the place of knowing that, you are worth it every minute of every hour of every day of your life, no matter what. How awesome is that??
Until we meet again. Prayers for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment