Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Love

1 Corinthians 13: 1-8 
Love is Indispensable
If I speak in the tongues of men or angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess too the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is Patient, Love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, 
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
 
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
 
As I was talking to my hubs this morning before he went to work. We were talking about love and how we love our boys, how the love for our boys seems to overshadow most of their faults, the mistakes, the things they do that drive us bonkers. The love we have for them overshadows their faults. Love allows us to see their best parts. Love allows us to keep no record of their wrongs, it rejoices when they are honest and it helps us mold them into the men God is calling them to be.

Life at our house is surround by being molded and shaped we are in a season of going through the fire while God mold us and shapes us to be more like him and its hard. Its so hard. Some days in the midst of the refiners fire my anxiety flares up and I feel like I'm drowning, I feel like God is refining every flaw in me and growing us in every area possible and I don't know if I can take much more. The truth is I cant I was done with this whole process months ago, but God isn't through he loves us too much to let us stay as we are...thankful but man its painful. So thankful he loves us enough to change us.

As we were talking about how love allows us to keep no record of wrongs and allows us to look past each others flaws and mistakes. It hit me like a ton of bricks. If I can love my boys, my husband, my parents, friends, acquaintances enough to let love and let the Holy Spirit cultivate that love enough so that it is a 1 Corinthians 13 Love for them how come...I don't hold myself to that standard? If I can forgive others and let it go...I mean completely let it go...sometimes it takes longer than others, but that's healing. Why cant I let myself off the hook? Why don't I love myself enough to forget the past mistakes I've made? the things I've done wrong? because we have all sinned, even though we are saved from sin, we still sin, its going to happen. Why don't I extend that same grace and love to myself?

That's as far as I got, I guess even though we are being refined, changed and molded, there are still so many facets where I need to grow. But I just wanted to challenge you and me to truly love ourselves like we do others. We owe that to ourselves. We aren't our past mistakes, screw ups or choices. We are conquerors and co-heirs with Christ, fully loved and forgiven. Jesus has forgotten. We are no longer slaves to our old ways, so Satan can't use that against us any more!! Stand Strong and tell Satan to take it elsewhere we are moving forward with heads held high with God all around us and empowering us.


Blessings to all until we meet again.



No comments:

Post a Comment