Thursday, January 29, 2015

No Worries

When I was on a mission trip in Australia, that saying was one of my favorite takeaways not to mention all the fabulous food :) ...the thing is I worry, I have anxiety sometimes about the craziest things. My hubs says its because of how introverted I am, nevertheless I worry. I have been striving over the last few years to turn those worries over to God and just let go, trust him in all things. Man its hard, but every time I feel it coming on I start praying about the very thing I'm worrying about, and instead of dwelling, I begin to tell God all the things I'm thankful for. It helps a lot. In some ways it seems to be getting better but really it has only gotten worse over the years...my boys give me a lot of things to be anxious and worry about...


Well a few weeks ago, I heard words out of my sweet 4 year olds mouth I wasn't expecting to hear. We had just got back from our Christmas trip and he said, "mom I'm worried about grandma and grandpa bill." NOOOOO!!!! Dear Jesus I don't want to pass this on....But instead of reacting (thankfully), I began asking, I asked him why he was worried, he said because they were alone, because we weren't there. I told him, that grandma and grandpa were doing great, that they missed us but there was no reason to worry and I told him that when I worry, I pray for what I'm worrying about, so we walked through it, Jesus be with grandma and grandpa...and we moved forward


A few days later we were talking about one of his friends that he wanted to go see, after telling him that his friend and his mom were on a trip, he dropped it. The following day he said, "mom I'm worried about my friend Micah and Mrs. Brigitte." I asked him what we do when we worry or feel worried about people and he said "pray".....AHHHHH this one an epic mommy moment I couldn't have been more proud of him, thank you Jesus!!....so that's what we did we said a quick prayer for God to protect our friends and to get them home safely and like all four year olds he moved on.


I'm grateful for these moments, I don't like that my boy worries but its not surprising either. It truly is amazing what all they inherit from us. I'm grateful for my journey with worry because without it, I wouldn't have the same advice for him.


The other day I was with a group of friends and we were discussing Romans 8:28, but really I love this portion of scripture...good stuff.
Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
My anxiety and worry is unprecedented because I have the God of the universe who loves me dearly and can handle so much more than my insignificant worries. The beautiful thing, he cares about each and every one of our cares, worry's, and desires. He longs for us to bring those before him and seek him in our human finiteness. He knows us fully and intimately, he knows how many hairs are on  our heads, all the tears that have fallen.


So no matter your worries or mine, God's got it and he is working his plan together for the greater good, even though it doesn't often look like that. I mean just a few verses before Romans 8:28 in Romans 8:22-28 it says:
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. No only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what we already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit., because the Spirit intercedes for God's people in accordance with the will of God.
Thank you God for loving us so much to know that we need someone to go before us on our behalf who knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows my worries and anxious thoughts and not only does he bring me peace and thanksgiving, he intercedes for me, always working things for the greatest good.
So to all my fellow worriers, take heart, see God and ask how you can best deal with your worry and anxiety, and lean in to that guidance.
Peace be with you and prayers for you. No worries friend our God is bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment